PDA

View Full Version : Brand New owner...needs help

brownie83
08-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Hey guys and gals...
Just got a 2007 rtv 900 on sunday. It was delivered by a person while i was on vacation. Its missing one large thing...the front drive shaft. Not the axles, but the shaft connecting the trans to the front diff. Anyone know where i can get one? I have looked online, but most parts stores just sell accessories and maintenance items.

Also, the diff lock lever is rusted up pretty back and the knob to pull the lever to keep it locked...the cable is seized. Anyone have any info on this...maybe a quick fix?

I bought the machine from about 50 pics...never thought a 4x4 would be missing the drive shaft. Its also pretty rusty, which can be fixed, but it was something i wasnt expecting. He never shot any pics feom below...i guess we live and learn...

Any or all help would be appreciated...
Thanks
Chris

WOEII
09-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Any updates?

Z15
09-27-2013, 06:20 PM
That reminds me of a friend some years ago purchased a old Dodge 4x4 Power Wagon. Body was in great shape and was a former Air Force B52 service vehicle and spent its entire life on Guam AFB before coming back to states and auctioned off. Only about 10,000 miles. He was telling me when he drove it home it was very hard to steer. Come to find out there was no rear drive shaft. It had been rigged in 4 wheel drive, only front wheels working. He drove it home 75 miles like that, even crawled under it but never spotted the missing drive shaft.