Gear Shift issues

I have lots of trouble shifting in and out of gears on my RTV900. Also the vehicle will creep (forward or reverse) even with no throttle applied. It can very difficult to stop at times (quite often actually) even with the brake pressed down as hard as I can. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Check the little allen bolt that pinches the flat arm on top of the black control valve. IN short make sure the control linkage is not slipping at the servo regulating valve.
    If it has slipped it will throw you out of wack. Jack up the tires, disconnect the control rod to the regulator arm. Fire it up and make sure it won't roll off jack, and release P brake. Then put in gear and see if it is in neutral, play with the control lever forward and back the let it come to a rest. It should be in a neutral state. Now if the control rod wont hook back up with out pulling the lever, it has probably slipped. Just loosen the allen pinch bolt and set back to the point it lines up with the control rod swivel bolt. as long as the control rod hasn't been messed with it should be fine. Tighten it back down with everything neutral and idling. Double check. If this is not the case you have another linkage problem or the servo piston or swash plate sticking. and thats not good.

It will be fine you can do it.

I forgot to ask if it is a new 900 with hst plus2 ?? I have not had the privigle to work on one of those yet. it may differ from the other 3 generations of the 900 transmission.

Hi Jim,
    Thanks for this info. Not sure if I can pull this off but I may give it try. It is the new 900 (bought it new from a dealer last February) so I should probably ask them first before I tackle this

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Thanks for this info. Not sure if I can pull this off but I may give it try. It is the new 900 (bought it new from a dealer last February) so I should probably ask them first before I tackle this
    Yes. for sure get with the dealer. Don't let them B.S. You. Make sure you get it fixed right before you leave the lot.
    Good Luck